SUPER CLASS: Making a Scene
June 5-30, 2017 – Cost is $65 per class, ($60 if paid by check)
Prerequisite: Must have completed at least one full manuscript and have a work in progress
Do your scenes need help? Do you feel a lot of your scenes drag or seem to have no purpose? Do you do fine with action scenes but have problems with emotional scenes or vice versa? Do you want to learn how to write the most compelling, dramatic, exciting scenes possible? In this class, you’ll study various types of scenes and the components necessary to make sure each scene does the job it’s supposed to do. The course will be interactive, with a combination of lessons, homework, and class discussion.
- Not all scenes are equal — and “the test”
- Everything you always wanted to know about prologues
- How much backstory is too much backstory?
- Flashbacks: using them without losing the reader
- Writing the love scene and making it memorable
- Keeping the important action onstage
- Scene assessment and revision are your friends
Don’t miss out on future announcements!
Pat is a USA Today bestselling author who has sold more than 50 novels of romance and women’s fiction. Her books have been published in more than 20 different countries, with others being added all the time. An acclaimed teacher, she formerly taught at The University of Houston, and has given writing workshops all over the country. She says there’s nothing more satisfying to her than seeing that light bulb go off in a student’s head.